Wednesday, August 24, 2005

WTF, another banner?

Yes! Another one!

I think I'll stick with this one, since it describes my mood best these days. Character used this time is the famous Asa-Senpai, whom I've fallen madly in love with. I just can't help myself, her character in Shuffle! is just adorable, and after the 7th episode, I knew I had to delicate my next banner to her. I didn't exactly like the last one, since Shitori looked rather wierd. Almost ghostly, the way she stares at you.

One possible reason why I like Asa is probably because I find her character a lot in like mine, almost Parallel in some case. For example, both of us have two sides, one which we show to the world, and one which few know about. (Yes, I do have a soft side. XD), and probably a few more things as well (except for her cooking talent. I can't cook Instant worth nuts)

This banner took me longer then usual (WTF was I doing anyway....LoL, should have studied...) as I was working on the image as well, instead of just pasting a load of text on the picture. This one has a frame, a checkered background and some abstract art hidden behind the main picture.

Hehe.
--

TPJC National Day Rally, day 2.

After yesterday's national day rally by our principal, our HoD of English had his planned motivational speech with us.

And you thought your week was bad.

Well, unfortuntately, the speech did not start with yesterday's amusement, where our beloved principal was blocking the projector, and hence, nothing appeared on screen. The seconds where she demanded help (pleaded? XD!), when a look down at her beer belly would allow her to know the truth, was amusing to watch.

However, there was quite a huge difference in the way the speech the principal gave yesterday and Reynold's did his today.

Her speech was the usual "Yeah yeah, **** you too" type of speech, but his speech was a more powerful speech, addressing the main problems of our batch (Attitute), and how we can improve our grades.

Another thing is that Rey-man did not single out classes, although your class did appear in those "bottom-board" lists, he did not specifically give them a blasting, letting the powerpiont slides do the talking.

A pretty good speech (I must admit that) by Rey-man.

However, of course, it isn't perfect. It's the WITS standard type of speech, but his opening could be improved dramatically.

For one, his opening was...horrible. I can't describe it, but it's just..horrible. His jokes, although lame, did diffuse the situation, but the last joke sounded totally stupid, no one actually laughed.

All in all, pretty decent rallys.

However, do they work?

Perhaps, for a week or two, when their screams will still be echoing in that hollow skull of ours. After the bloodlust dies, everyone will be back to normal, slacking away.

I guess, it pretty much comes down to the individual, isn't it? You can have a rally and a screaming session every half a day, but it simply won't work if the person isn't going to do anything. These kind of speeches are supposed to encourage people to do their work. While today's speech did serve its purpose, the individual himself should be working, and use this little encouragements and screamings as boosters, and not work because someone shouted at him. If the person is of the latter case, he simply can't be bothered to do anything in the first place. He's like a dead ball, needing a push to move. If you don't push it, it won't move.

Since we all are not balls, we should be working. Yet, I've wasted an hour working on a banner. Why? Simply because I enjoy it. People get superly stressed up because they have no time management. They mess around the entire day, before starting work at 11pm. That isn't the way to go, since at 11, your eyes will be half shut. And so, you go to sleep, waking up the next morning, knowing you've done nothing.

No wonder these people are stressed.

Time management is the key these days. Balancing work and play is a fine art, although I must admit my scales are quite heavily tipped towards the latter side. However, when it comes to work, get down to it.

Simple as that.
--

Liew Mei Wa 05S28 (Wed 24 Aug 2005 12:19 am) Not rated Profile Rate Reply Reply w/quote Send message Permalink

Girls like bad boy in the sense that he is really bad and rude to others... While he treats you so so so good that make u think that you are top of the world... I think this is how most girls feel... Em... In short, we love good guys more but we also like to have the special attention and treatment that others will never recieve except than us, that's when the bad boy come into the story....


Ah yes, TPJC forums.

Remind me not to go there any more. He level of stupidity there is rather high. People like her are those who make me lose faith in the future of humanity, and also as to why, there isn't many (keyword: Many. Not all. =P) decent girls in TPJC. I ain't looking for cutness/chio-ness or whatever. It's the character I look out for.

This girl is obviously thrown into the dumps in my opinion... The post speaks for itself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home